How to access the Amazon Appstore
If you’ve got an Android phone or tablet, you may not be aware of a great new service launched by Amazon that will allow you to get your hands on premium apps for free.
In September Amazon launched its own Appstore in the UK, a service which allows you to install apps from the online retailer in the same way you would through Google Play.
Importantly, Amazon offers one ‘Free App of the Day’. All you need to do is install the Appstore, and every day Amazon will choose one premium app to give away for nothing.
1. Go to your settings menu and select Security, then tick the option for Unknown sources. This will allow your phone or tablet to install programs from outside of Google Play.
2. Now point your browser at amazon.co.uk/appstore-web and let the .apk file it links to download.
3. Once this has downloaded, it will appear in your notification bar (or Download folder). Click on it to install.
4. And that’s it.
Now you can access the Amazon Appstore the same way as you would any other app and tie a shortcut to your desktop. Look out for daily notifications of what your free stuff is, and make sure you install it while there’s no charge.
You might also like to read:
- The Force is with Angry Birds
- Spider-Man Blu-ray includes second-screen app
- Top 5 Nexus 7 apps
- How to test your tablet or phone speed
- Top 10 iPhone 5 apps and games