How to play great PC games for free
Want to find a load of high quality PC games that you can play for absolutely nothing? It’s easy. Just open up your browser.
Chrome is a great source of free games.
By now, you should be used to the fact that Google’s Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera browsers all support plug-ins to extend their abilities. Over the last year or so, games developers have been making the most of these to distribute 3D games without going near your desktop.
Of all the browsers, Chrome‘s game library is the most comprehensively stocked. From the award winning and unique Bastion to 3D Tennis and top strategy game Command & Conquer, installing and running them is easy.
1. The first thing you need to do is download Google Chrome from google.com/chrome. This is an excellent browser that’s both super fast and easily customisable, so well worth getting anyway.
2. Once that has been installed, open a new tab and click the slider at the bottom of the window so that it shows Apps. Now click on Webstore. You can get to this shop front simply by entering the URL chrome.google.com/webstore.
3. Now that you’re on the site simply click on Games in the toolbar on the left-hand side and you’ll see a menu appear that outlines the different games available for you to download.
4. You can choose from Arcade & Action, Board & Card, Puzzle & Brain, Role Playing & Strategy, Sports Games and Virtual Worlds. On the Home page of the Chrome Webstore you’ll see a rotating banner that highlights the most popular games available at the moment so if you’re not sure where to start, just try one of these. Usually they are a good bet.
5. Click on the game you’d like to add to Chrome and you can read more about it, see related games, and see how many ratings it has received through Google Plus. On the top right you will see that you need to sign in using your Google account in order to add the game to Chrome.
6. Once you’ve signed in, click on Add To Chrome and a box will appear confirming your decision, click OK. Now you will be taken to your Chrome landing page with a list of all the apps you’ve downloaded along with the one you’ve just selected. Click on the app you downloaded and it will start playing in your browser immediately. It’s that simple.
You might also like to read:
- Is it the end for games consoles?
- 10 of the best Google Chrome add-ons
- Google Chrome leading the browser wars
- What’s cooking in online privacy?
- How to sync browser bookmarks
- How to choose your web browser