Kickstarter crowd-funding service to get UK launch
Got a great idea? Get funding online from like-minded people and make it happen.
Get your brainwave off the ground with Kickstarter
Kickstarter is a crowd-funding platform for creative projects, where anyone can post an idea online and ask for money from strangers to make it happen.
The list of successful projects goes on and on, you can check the stats here, but until now fundraising was only available to those in the USA. The interesting news is the service is coming to the UK towards the end of 2012.
So if you have a mind to create a steamy new book, an online video blog or make your own new console game, then Kickstarter could be just the place to gain the funding you need.
You might also like to read:
- Facebook App Center launches in the UK
- How to use Tumblr
- Everything you need to know about Pinterest
- What will superfast broadband mean to you?
- 10 Kickstarter projects T3 would like to invest in
- How to use your Android phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot