Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 announced running Windows 8
It’s not Microsoft Surface but Lenovo think it’s even better.
Running the full version of Windows 8 Pro but within a slimline tablet, the new Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 is lining up to outshine Microsoft Surface devices.
Using a full Intel x86 processor it’s able to run all your favourite Windows programs, unlike Windows RT Microsoft Surface devices. The new tablet is a widescreen 10.1-inch device with a modest 1366×768 resolution.
Battery life is often the main concern with “full” Windows devices but Lenovo promise 10 hours of run-time despite it only being 9.8mm and weighing 650g. That’s clearly thinner that Microsoft’s own full Windows 8 tablet which is 13.5mm thick.
The base model will be WiFi only, but 3G and 4G models are planned. It’ll hook into a standard Lenovo keyboard dock for desk use. The launch is expected to coincide with Windows 8 in October 2012 with pricing confirmed closer to the time.
You might also like to read:
- Why touch in Microsoft Office is important
- How to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Tab to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Microsoft Surface Office 2013 and Surface 2 details
- How to see your Windows desktop on a phone or tablet
- Is Microsoft’s Surface tablet worth waiting for?
- Windows 8 will be the fastest ever