Microsoft launches Outlook email service
Hotmail not so hot, Outlook not so out. Microsoft today has relaunched its long-standing Hotmail web-based email service as Outlook.com.
The move is to align the online email system with the same name, look and feel as all of the forthcoming Microsoft products and services, such as Office 365 and Windows 8.
At first this might sound bad for existing Hotmail users, but actually it’s good news!
Microsoft has automatically transferred your Hotmail emails to the new Outlook.com and you can choose to use both emails alongside each other or start afresh.
It’s certainly far better looking and seems easier to use than Hotmail ever was, while there’s the promise of clever integrated services such as Skype video and more to come too.
You might also like to read:
- Why touch in Microsoft Office is important
- Windows 8 will be the fastest ever
- How to disable Microsoft Gadgets
- Is Microsoft’s Surface tablet worth waiting for?
- Microsoft Surface tablet: everything you need to know
- How to download and install Windows 8 on your PC