My Xbox Live arrives on the Apple iPad
The new My Xbox Live app update brings control and account access to Apple iPad fans.
Never be parted again from your Xbox LIVE account
Fancy an early taste of Microsoft SmartGlass before it truly arrives? The Microsoft My Xbox LIVE app update has been launched for Apple iOS devices, namely the iPhone and iPad.
The new Apple app brings your Xbox LIVE account to your Apple portable device enabling you to view your settings, avatar, recently played games and more usefully offers direct control over playing media.
While not as innovative as the much anticipated Microsoft Smart Glass this does provide a taste of what that’s going to bring to your Xbox experience.
Most importantly the update brings an entire new version for the Apple iPad, with its Windows 8 Metro-styled interface it’s an interesting preview of how Microsoft expects you to interact with its favourite console in the future.
You might also like to read:
- Microsoft Surface tablet: everything you need to know
- Is Microsoft’s Surface tablet worth waiting for?
- Windows 8 to launch in October 2012
- Xbox Live gets free BBC iPlayer with Kinect support
- Windows 8 is here and we look at 10 of the top new things to look out for…
- Try out Microsoft Office 2013 now