Nexus 7 sales near 1 million a month
ASUS, the design brains behind the Google Nexus 7, has been boasting that Google is getting through almost 1 million units a month.
The mini tablet that's doing big business
The Nexus 7 has been a big hit, providing a well-designed, well-built 7-inch tablet – running Google’s own Android 4.1 operating system – for a reasonable price.
It seems that obvious combination has paid off for Google and ASUS.
Talking to the Wall Street Journal the ASUS CFO said “At the beginning, it was… 500K units a month, then maybe 600, 700K. This latest month, it was close to 1 million.”
Even so, with a maximum of 3 million sales in three months that pales in comparison with the 14 million that Apple shifts in the same period. However with Google cutting prices and releasing more devices, their sales can only increase.
You might also like to read:
- Google launches Nexus 10 and Nexus 4
- Microsoft Surface tablets are released
- Should you upgrade to an Amazon Paperwhite eReader?
- Will the iPad mini and Kindle Fire 2 boost sales of smaller tablets?
- Get the Google Nexus 7 Android update