Nintendo Wii U set to be a Christmas smash hit
Pre-order now or you might have a Wii U-shaped space under the tree on Christmas morning.
Don’t wait too long to pre-order if you’re hoping Santa brings you a Wii U for Christmas.
After the incredible crossover success of the original Wii – a console with a fun factor that appealed beyond the traditional gaming audience – the big question is will Nintendo’s Wii U be as big a hit as its predecessor?
Reports coming out of the USA suggest it could well be, with many of the big high-street retailers reporting to have sold out of the next-gen console already, purely based on pre-orders.
BestBuy, GameStop and Sears are all out of the Nintendo Wii U Premium bundle that retails at a higher price tag and comes with the 6-inch game pad. There is still stock of the 8GB Wii U bundle, but it’s being reported that these are going fast too.
Here in the UK the official release isn’t until 30 November so the added time could help fend off stock shortages. But if you want to avoid disappointment the safest bet is to put your pre-order in now.
There are 3 bundles to choose from at Tesco:
- Nintendo Wii U Basic pack (White) £249
- Nintendo Wii U Premium pack (Black) £299
- Nintendo Wii U Premium Zombi U pack (Black) £329
You might also like to read:
- Nintendo Wii U: all the details revealed
- Will the iPad mini and Kindle Fire 2 boost sales of smaller tablets?
- How to stream media to your phone, laptop or tablet
- Wireless power is on its way
- Nintendo backs digital game downloads for 3DS and Wii U