The Microsoft next-gen Xbox 720 top-5 leaked details
A new, new Microsoft Xbox is in the works and we’ve got all the juicy details.
Call it Xbox 3, Xbox 720 or Xbox 2013 what it is, is the newer, new Microsoft Xbox and the rumour mill is already churning out details despite any official release being 12 months away.
1. The first of the rumours is about the official announcement date, which everyone thinks will take place at the 2013 E3. This starts 12 March 2013, so an actual launch would be much later into 2013 itself.
2. Despite claims ranging from a drive-less Xbox to the absolutely-dead HD-DVD making a come back, the new Xbox will be using Blu-ray drive. The idea of a drive-less unit isn’t beyond belief as downloads could easily replace optical media with cartridge-based games making a comeback.
3. Interestingly it sounds like an anti-used game system will also be integrated probably via an online registration system. Kinect 2 will also be included or at least bundled with a version but we’d expect even better movement recognition and facial expression reading.
4. Inside the new Xbox 2013 you’re going to find a fully revamped PowerPC processor we’d imagine a quad-core unit running at a similar speed to the existing Xbox of 3.1GHz. More importantly the graphics will be an enhanced version of the AMD Radeon 6670 range, which makes sense as these things tend to take three-years to put into production and will give it at least a six-fold increase in rendering power.
5. Finally with advertisements for DirectX 11 developers for Microsoft gaming systems and tweets about a secret Microsoft “Durango” system we know it’s out there and being worked on.