What your engineer will do:
New aerial installation
- Supply, install and align a new high quality aerial suitable for local reception of digital TV
- Supply and install suitable galvanised mounting brackets and mast (up to 10ft), replacing any existing if required.
- Supply and install a single surface-mounted downlead of up to 15m, clipped or otherwise neatly attached to the wall.
- Drill a single entry hole through the wall, downward sloping from in to out where possible and sealed after installation.
- Check signal through current equipment
- Realign current aerial if needed
- Replace/install any one of the following if needed:
- 1 or 2-way amplifier
- Single cable run
- Bracketry and/or mast
- Any further replacements or installs may cost extra
- Test the signal strength and then connect and tune a Freeview box or TV to the downlead and give you a demonstration of the key features of the digital service
- All parts used in the installation are guaranteed for 12 months from installation.
What’s not included:
Freeview TV or set-top box
More than one connection. Further connections may be possible on-site; please ask for details at time of booking.
Moving any sockets, whether power, telephone or other, or changing any cabling that was put in by someone else like Sky or BT.
Moving fittings, fixtures or heavy items of furniture
Specialist access (e.g. hoists, cranes, road closures), fitting to three storey properties, extended cable runs, signal filters, amplifiers or distributors
Applies to mainland UK and domestic properties only. Restrictions may apply to listed buildings or buildings in conservation areas. You must own the property and/or have suitable permission for the installation as appropriate. Please check you are in freeview area before ordering by visiting www.digitaluk.co.uk.
How it works
If you go for one of our home support services, here’s how it works:
Booking a slot
Once we’ve taken your name, address and details, we’ll book a time slot that’s good for you. If booked in store, we’ll then give you a receipt to confirm your appointment – it will also include details of anything you’ve ordered for the engineer to bring along on the day.
We’ll also give you a leaflet with all our terms and conditions – so you know where you stand on everything from cancellation to refund policies.
On the day
If, for any reason, your engineer is late getting to you (e.g. stuck in traffic or an over-running job), we’ll call to let you know. You’ll then have the option of re-booking if the later time isn’t convenient.
Once the engineer is finished, you’ll be asked to sign to say the work has been completed to your satisfaction.
At some point, we may also give you a call to find out what you thought of the service – but of course you don’t have to leave any feedback if you don’t want to.
Getting in touch
If you’ve got any questions – or need to change or cancel your appointment – just give us a call on 0845 87 87 800 (9am to 6pm Monday to Saturday, 10 – 4pm Sunday).
Please remember to give us at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to cancel or change your appointment to make sure you’re not charged a cancellation fee.