Set-top box and home theatre installations
Get your new device professionally set up with your other home viewing equipment
What your engineer will do:
- Unpack and check the device and cables
- Connect the device to a nearby power point
- Connect the device to up to three existing devices – these could be your TV, DVD player/recorder or surround sound system. All cables must be supplied
- Tune your new device and ensure it works with the other devices connected to it
- Give you a demonstration of how your new equipment works
What’s not included:
- TV installations do not include supply of the TV, stand or wall bracket
- freesat installations do not include supply of the freesat digital box or TV, or unpacking of the TV
- Any long extension leads or cables. The installation point needs to be near a suitable power socket
- Moving any sockets or changing any cabling that was previously installed
- Moving fittings, fixtures or heavy items of furniture
- Specialist non-standard brackets or materials, installations on buildings over 3 storeys (2 storeys for aerials), listed buildings or buildings in conservation areas. You may need permission to install an external aerial or satellite dish
How it works
If you go for one of our home support services, here’s how it works:
Booking a slot
Once we’ve taken your name, address and details, we’ll book a time slot that’s good for you. If booked in store, we’ll then give you a receipt to confirm your appointment – it will also include details of anything you’ve ordered for the engineer to bring along on the day. We’ll also give you a leaflet with all our terms and conditions – so you know where you stand on everything from cancellation to refund policies.
On the day
If, for any reason, your engineer is late getting to you (e.g. stuck in traffic or an over-running job), we’ll call to let you know. You’ll then have the option of re-booking if the later time isn’t convenient.
Once the engineer is finished, you’ll be asked to sign to say the work has been completed to your satisfaction.
At some point, we may also give you a call to find out what you thought of the service – but of course you don’t have to leave any feedback if you don’t want to.
Getting in touch
If you’ve got any questions – or need to change or cancel your appointment – just give us a call on 0845 87 87 800 (9am to 8pm Monday to Saturday, 10am to 6pm Sunday). Please remember to give us at least 24 hours’ notice if you need to cancel or change your appointment to make sure you’re not charged a cancellation fee.